Tips for Spreading the Word
Here are a few ways you can let your networks know about the 2017 GrandRally:
- EMAIL: Email the Save the Date to your email lists and electronic communications
- PRINT PUBLICATIONS: Include the announcement below in your newsletters and relevant publications (feel free to tweak the language to fit your audience)
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Use the sample social media tweets and posts below and/or follow Generations United’s social media and retweet and share our GrandRally posts
- HANDOUTS/FLYERS: Print out copies of the GrandRally Flyer (attached) and take it with you to hand out at speaking engagements, conferences and other events
- WORD OF MOUTH: Invite your colleagues, friends and family to the Rally and ask them to spread the word!
- #KinshipFamilies #Grandfamilies keep children with family. Good for children, good for America. #GrandRally2017 May 10th
- Help children in #GrandFamilies #KinshipFamilies. Protect Medicaid. Join us May 10th at #GrandRally2017
- Relative caregivers help children thrive. Come to #GrandRally2017 May 10th in DC to celebrate these caregivers.
- When children can’t live with parents, relatives provide a safe, loving home. Join #GrandRally2017 May 10th
- #GrandFamilies #KinshipFamilies protect children. Help us support them May 10th at #GrandRally2017
- You can age out of foster care, but you never age out of family. Celebrate #KinshipFamilies #GrandFamilies at #GrandRally2017 May 10th
- Can’t make it to DC for #GrandRally2017? Join the virtual Rally https://goo.gl/1hcoQn
- Can’t make it to DC for #GrandRally2017? Raise your voice from home. https://goo.gl/1hcoQn
- For every child living with relatives in #fostercare, 20 children are raised by relatives outside of foster care. Do something grand, support grandparents and other relative caregivers at #GrandRally2017! If you have or are being raised by a grandparent or relative, please come to Washington, DC on May 10th, all are welcome to join the celebration on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol. Raise your voice for grandfamilies with your members of Congress.
- You can age out of foster care; but you never age out of family. Support kinship and grandfamilies and come to #GrandRally2017 May 10th, 1 – 2:30 PM on the front lawn of the U.S. Capitol. Raise your voice for children raised by relatives, and celebrate their successes!
- #DYK Grandfamilies save taxpayers $4 billion a year by supporting children and keeping them out of #fostercare. They protect children and provide a safe, loving and permanent family. Join us in support and celebration of these grandfamilies at #GrandRally2017 on May 10th. You won’t want to miss the stories, the music and the celebration. The GrandRally is from 1 – 2:30 PM and visits with members of Congress immediately following. Do something GRAND. Come to #GrandRally2017.
- Can’t make it to DC for the 5th National GrandRally? Join the virtual GrandRally. Watch it live and raise your voice from home. https://goo.gl/1hcoQn
Click the image to expand, then print (Ctrl+P).